The Beaufort Digital Corridor (BDC), a 501c6 non-profit organization, is seeking an Executive Director. This position is ideal for someone who is entrepreneurial minded and can think long-term, taking the organization to the next level under guidance of the Beaufort Digital Corridor's Board of Directors. The candidate will also perform detailed, professional level assignments involving implementation, monitoring, and continual improvement of our programs and initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead strategies and manage programs in support of local technology entrepreneurs and regional tech companies, including community events, talent/workforce development, workspace and relocation support.
• Provide ongoing support for initiative through research, reports, publications, correspondence, marketing efforts, event coordination, arranging meetings, developing agendas, managing deadlines and program metrics collection/analysis.
• Identify and assist in developing new foundation fund-raining opportunities, including events, grants, donations, sponsorships, etc. Grant-writing as needed.
• Work closely with BDC financial advisors and the BDC Board of Directors to create operational budgets and help ensure all costs/expenses stay tightly controlled.
• Manage the BASEcamp workspace, including access control and act as landlord, facilities manager, and coordinator for all co-working activity.
• Facilitate collaborative relationships with local organizations, including partnering with higher education to build relevant tech and entrepreneurial business infrastructure and pipeline.
• Design, build, and maintain social media presence and manage the BDC's main website property.
• Plan and execute all marketing and public relations. Develop, implement, and provide special reports and communications such as newsletters, press releases, and profile interviews.
• Represent the BDC at various events, conferences, meetings and presentations.
• Work effectively with resident and non-resident member companies to understand and help facilitate their needs, connect with relevant resources and programs, and maintain active/productive relationships.
• Identify target audiences and devise digital campaigns that engage and inform.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
Considerable knowledge of: Economic development principles, practices, and implementation methods, especially including tech businesses and their growth/development. Experience in digital/social marketing, brand management, and ability to evaluate emerging technologies in the digital marketing arena. Creative abilities such as graphic design and photography would be a plus.
Ability to: Assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands; plan, organize, assign, measure; communicate effectively in oral and written forms; establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, contractors, member company representatives, representatives from local, state and Federal agencies, and the general public.
Skills in: Determining economic development potential, and developing and coordinating plans and programs, for the attraction and support of tech businesses in the region; analyzing and interpreting business development issues, evaluating alternatives to make logical recommendations based on findings; using initiative and independent judgement within established procedural guidelines.
A typical qualifying background would be a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in business or public administration, urban or regional planning, marketing, economic development or related field AND at least five (5) years of professional level experience in some/all of economic/community development, marketing, research, business development, business operations, and/or event planning. Experience running a company, project management, managing budgets, and directing the work of others a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume with recent salary history by email only to:
Job Posting Date: November 23, 2020