The Beaufort Digital Corridor (BDC), a 501c6 non-profit organization, is seeking a Project Manager. This position is ideal for someone who is proficient in project management and is looking for an opportunity to be a leader in the community. The right candidate will be confident jumping right in and seamlessly matching strategy with deliverables. They should be able to work collaboratively with our partner organizations (under the umbrella of the South Coast Cyber Center) to build and navigate the roadmap for the cybersecurity portion of Beaufort's technology ecosystem. Knowledge of cybersecurity is not required for this job, it is a project management job.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● This position is responsible for providing project management support for cybersecurity projects with key partners including government, academic and economic development verticals. Again, no cybersecurity experience is required, just the ability to project manage.
● The candidate will work with BDC leadership and its education partners including USCB and TCL to hire cybersecurity bootcamp trainers, coordinate program scheduling, provide general oversight, and promote the cybersecurity curriculum at the BDC.
● Work alongside BDC leadership and Beaufort County Economic Development Corporation (BCEDC) to create a plan for attraction and development of talent and cybersecurity startups.
● Collaborate with key partners including SC Tech & SC Cyber to identify opportunities and create outreach strategies to promote cybersecurity efforts.
● Manage the BASEcamp workspace, including access control and act as landlord, facilities manager, and coordinator for all coworking activity.
● Perform all other related duties/projects as assigned.
● This position reports directly to the Executive Director at Beaufort Digital Corridor and diagonally reports to the Board of Directors for the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
● Considerable knowledge of: Monitoring and controlling projects. Demonstrating project management best practices and implementation. Ideal for someone who is a certified PMP or GIAC Certified Project Manager, but not required.
● Skills in: Analyzing and interpreting project risks/issues, evaluating alternatives to make logical recommendations based on findings; using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
● Ability to: Assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands; plan, organize, assign, measure, and report; communicate effectively in oral and written forms; establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, contractors, member company representatives, representatives from local, state and Federal agencies, and the general public.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience in project management AND one to three years of professional work experience. Project Management certification a plus.
Job Type: Full-time (40 Hours / Week)
Location: This is not a remote position. Applicant must be located in or willing to relocate to Beaufort, SC.
Please send cover letter and resume with recent salary history by email only to:
Job Updated Date: June 1, 2021
Applicants accepted until position is filled.